Tuesday, November 15, 2011

NOTD: Gelish Polish, crystals and Konad

Maybe I went overboard with this one ... but, I must say that I love it!!!

I decided, initially, to use a Gelish polish on my nails.  I used a beautiful color by Harmony, named Light Elegant.




Unfortunately, the camera didn't capture the color that well.  It is a lovely shimmery, peach color.


Maybe I should have left well enough alone, but I decided I wanted a little something else - so, I started going through my Konad plates to see what might be complimentary.  I ended up, using M56.  I chose the bow pattern.

I wanted it to be subtle, so I decided to use a silver by Revlon - named Silver Dollar, to stamp with.


I really, really, really... like how well this polish stamped!  It stamped beautifully!!  In the picture below, you can really see the nice shimmer of the Gelish gel polish!


For some bizarre reason, I decided even this was not enough - and I decided to add some crystals.  I almost never use crystals (for me at least).  But, for some reason, I wanted to this time.  So, I decided to embellish the center of the bows with crystals.


I'm not sure how long the crystals will hold up - but, hopefully for a few days at least.  I used 2 thick coats of Seche Vite top coat.  And, even though I did a gel polish, I did a light color and I didn't put a gel over the stamping - so, it should be easy to change up - when I (inevitably) bore of this look in a couple of days... LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment